Graduate Student Applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Be a resident in one of the following counties for a minimum of two years prior to applying: Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Medina, and Wilson;
2. Be enrolled in, or unconditionally accepted to, a program leading to a graduate degree. Students seeking a master’s degree must be enrolled or unconditionally accepted at an accredited university in Bexar County; students seeking a doctorate must be enrolled or unconditionally accepted
at an accredited university in Texas;
3. Be a student in good standing with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4 point system);
4. Be registered for a minimum of six semester hours or be registered for dissertation hours;
5. Demonstrate financial need;
6. Demonstrate community service;
7. Have received no more than one previous AAUW graduate scholarship for the current degree program. (A person may receive a maximum of three scholarships—two for master’s work and one for doctoral work, or vice versa.)
How to Apply:
• Provide a two-page double-spaced essay detailing your academic accomplishments, community service, financial need, and plans for the future. Essays will count heavily in the selection process.
• Provide cover sheet (titled Graduate Scholarship) with name, address, phone numbers, e-mail address; degree you are seeking, name of university; and number of hours completed toward degree.
• Enclose a résumé.
• Provide an official transcript of graduate work; if in the first semester of graduate school, provide official transcript of undergraduate work.
• On outside of envelope, write Graduate Scholarship.
The San Antonio Branch of
AAUW offers scholarships to
assist women to complete a
graduate degree. The scholarships
are $2,000 each to one or
Applicants may be called for an
interview with the Committee.
Applications must be postmarked
by February 8, 2014.
Scholarship(s) will be awarded
at a luncheon on Saturday, April
Send to: Scholarship Committee/
San Antonio Branch, AAUW; Post Box 460825;
San Antonio, Texas 78246-0825.
AAUW’s Mission: Working to advance equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy and research.
Our Diversity Statement: The American Association of University Women is the largest,oldest U.S. organization working for the advancement of women and education. In principle and practice, AAUW values and seeks a diverse membership. There shall be no barriers to full participation in this organization
on the basis of gender, race, creed, class, age, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
$2,000 Graduate Scholarships by San Antonio AAUW