Transitional Scholarship Requirements
Student Applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Be a resident in one of the following counties for a minimum of two years prior to applying: Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Medina, and Wilson;
2. Be enrolled in, or unconditionally accepted to, a program
leading to a baccalaureate degree;
3. Be a student in good standing with a cumulative GPA of 3.0
(on a 4 point system) verified by an official transcript;
4. Be registered for a minimum of six semester hours in the baccalaureate program or 30 credit hours and a GPA of at least 3.0 to transfer from the accredited two-year college verified by an official transcript;
5. Demonstrate financial need;
6. Demonstrate community service;
How to Apply
• Provide a two-page double-spaced essay detailing your academic accomplishments, community service, financial need, and plans for the future. Essays will count heavily in the selection process.
• Provide cover sheet (titled Transitional Scholarship) with your name, address, phone numbers, e-mail address; degree you are seeking, name of university; and number of hours completed toward degree.
• Enclose a résumé.
• Provide an official transcript of undergraduate work; if in the first semester of baccalaureate studies at a university, provide an official transcript of your associate degree work.
• On outside of envelope, write Transitional Scholarship.
Deadline is February 8, 2014